For many pet owners, it is hard to leave your pup at home during the day while you are gone. It is sad to leave your dog all by themselves with no entertainment. Below, you can check out six different ways to keep your dog entertained while you are gone at work or school.
1. Let them Look Out the Window – Dogs love to look out the window to see what is happening outside. Be sure to leave some curtains open and give your dog space by the window to enjoy the view while you are gone during the day.
2. Try Out Dog Puzzles and Games – There are a lot of great puzzles and games for dogs out there. You could get some for your dog to play with during the day while you are gone.
3. Hide Treats Around Your Home – Another way to keep your dog entertained is to hide treats in different spots around the house so that they can play their own game.
4. Adopt a Second Dog – We know this isn’t a possibility for everyone, but adopting a second dog could give your current dog someone to play with during the day.
5. Hire a Dog Walker – Another way to make sure your dog is entertained is to hire a dog walker. Dogwalkers can come into your home and take your dog for a walk during the day while you are gone at work. It can give your dog a potty break, and it can give them some exercise during the day.
6. Take Your Dog to Daycare – Doggie daycare is a place where you can take your dog during the day. Daycare for your dog has many advantages. This service helps you make sure your dog is safe and happy all day long, and it also gives your dog a chance to socialize with other dogs and other humans. Doggie daycare is something that your dog can look forward to, and you can rest assured that your pup is happy and safe.
At The Barking Lot, we provide both dog walking and doggie daycare services in Deerfield, IL. Both of these services can help you look out for your pets while you are gone. Our trusted employees will come to your home to walk your dog during the day, or you can bring your dog to daycare to play with other dogs.
Reach out to us for more information about all of our services or how you can get started today. We know it can be hard to leave your pup home alone all day, and that is why we provide services so your dog doesn’t have to be all by itself during the day.