This February, celebrate the love you share with your furry best friends. National Love Your Pet Day is a day for giving your canine or feline companions extra attention and love. If you prefer the companionship of birds, reptiles, hamsters, or fish, that works too! The following are our favorite ideas of celebrating, spoiling, and pampering your pets.
1. Pamper Your Pet – Give your pet some extra long belly rubs. If they like to snuggle, curl up on the couch with your furry friend and hold them close while they get in the best cat (or dog) nap. If they enjoy being brushed, bathed, and groomed, National Love Your Pet Day is the perfect day to make them look, feel, and smell like their best selves.
2. Buy Something New – National Love Your Pet Day is the perfect day to finally replace that old, smelly pet bed they loved or that collar that is so worn out you can’t make out the design anymore. If they have a favorite type of toy, it might be time for a new one of those too.
3. Doggie playdate – Celebrate National Love Your Pet Day by getting them together with their close doggie friends. Go for a walk together, meet up at the dog park, or if you don’t have the time to drop them off at The Barking Lot of the day, your pup can have hours of supervised fun with other pups at no extra work for you.
4. Special Treats – Buy or make a special treat just for the day. There are lots of great recipes online if you feel like rolling up your sleeves. If baking isn’t for you, even when its dog treats, stop by The Barking Lot for a wide selection of treats to choose from. The Barking Lot has only the highest quality treats and pet supplies. They are sure to have just what you need.
5. Visit an Animal Shelter – If you don’t have your own furry companion, consider stopping by and sharing the love with the dogs and cats at your local shelter. You might even find your perfect furry match.
Let’s be honest, every day for most of us is Love Your Pet Day, but any excuse to pamper, spoil, and give extra love to your pup (or the pet of your choice) is a good way to spend a day. If you are busy that day, don’t feel bad, The Barking Lot can pamper your pup for you. They offer a wide selection of services, including pet grooming, pet walking, doggie daycare, and much more. Check out a full list of services, here.